Scholarship Funds for Dependent Students of Workers
The Beacon Mutual Insurance Company is proud to offer the Beacon Brighter Tomorrows Scholarship program to help support the families of injured workers. Each year, Beacon invites dependent students of workers who have sustained a qualified work-related injury to apply for the scholarship to assist with their post-secondary education. Scholarship awards are made annually and are renewable for up to four years, contingent on good academic standing.
To apply for the Beacon Brighter Tomorrows Scholarship, interested students must submit their application online on the Rhode Island Foundation website. The scholarship details and application instructions are listed on the Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities page. The Rhode Island Foundation also lists hundreds of other scholarship opportunities that may be applicable to students in the state.
Eligibility and Selection CriteriaThis established scholarship fund provides financial assistance for post-secondary education to dependent students of workers who have sustained a qualified work-related injury covered and accepted by Beacon Mutual. Applicants must have maintained a grade point average of “C” or better on a scale of A-F; “C” or better on a scale of A-F when “+” and “-“ designations are used; or “Pass” where grading is on a Pass/Fail basis for the past two years. Applicants must also demonstrate financial need. Scholarship awards will be renewable for up to four years, contingent upon good academic standing.
How to Apply
- Click here to access the online application. The Rhode Island Foundation website will open on the Browse Scholarships page.
- Scroll to the Beacon Brighter Tomorrow's Scholarship and click Apply.
- Enter "Beacon" as your Keyword Search to open the Beacon Mutual Scholarship page.
- Complete the application.
- A completed application includes:
- A completed application including financial aid information
- Most recent high school transcript
- A copy of your financial aid award letter
- One recommendation
- Proof of acceptance to an accredited two or four-year college, university, or vocational/ technical school
- U.S. Citizen or legal resident
Applications must be submitted on the Rhode Island Foundation website by 5pm on May 15, 2023.
If you have any questions about the application or your eligibility, please contact Donna Normand at (401) 825-2922 or DNormand@beaconmutual.com.
To learn more about the many ways Beacon Mutual is impacting our community, visit beaconmutual.com/community-relations.