The Beacon Mutual Insurance Company is pleased to announce the six independent insurance agencies that have been selected for the 2019 Beacon Mutual Lighthouse Award for Agency Excellence. This award celebrates our partnership with these local agencies and recognizes them for demonstrating excellence in delivering Beacon’s workers’ compensation insurance coverage to Rhode Island policyholders and their employees.
The Lighthouse Award is an annual award presented to Beacon Mutual's top agencies for exhibiting performance excellence through profitable premium growth, new business growth, and retention outcomes, and through a demonstrated partnership with and commitment to Beacon based on their submission quality; their policyholder support with claims, loss prevention, underwriting and premium audit; their service as a market information resource; and their commitment to serve the Rhode Island community.
Congratulations to the 2019 Lighthouse Award Winners!
- Butler & Messier Insurance
- Carey Richmond & Viking Insurance
- John Andrade Insurance Agency
- OceanPoint Insurance Agency Inc
- Rhode Island Insurance Group LLC
- Trusted Insurance Alliance LLC
As part of this award program, winning agencies selected local charities to receive a total of $6,000 from Beacon Mutual as part of our commitment to the community. We are proud to be able to contribute to support the following local charities:
- Boys & Girls Club of Pawtucket - The mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Pawtucket is to inspire and enable the young people of Pawtucket and surrounding communities, especially those with greatest need, to realize their full potential as healthy, productive, responsible and caring citizens.
- Button Hole - Button Hole teaches young people from all backgrounds about life’s lessons of honesty, humility, and perseverance while gaining respect for the environment and their community. The nonprofit's mission is to teach “A Lesson In Golf…A Lesson in Life.”
- Bristol Rotary Club's Charlie's Fight Project - The Bristol Rotary Charities Foundation is sponsoring a special project to fight substance abuse in the community. As part of the project, middle school students at Kickemuit Middle School and Mt. Hope High School will create substance abuse prevention campaigns to make a positive impact. Prizes for the three top winners in each school will be awarded at a reception at the Bristol Rotary Club and will appear in the East Bay Newspapers.
- Elizabeth Buffum Chace Center - The Elizabeth Buffum Chace Center serves individuals and families affected by domestic violence and sexual assault. The mission of the organization is to end the perpetration and societal tolerance of interpersonal violence, including all forms of domestic and sexual abuse, and until that is achieved, to provide comprehensive services to victims and education in the community.
- James L. Maher Center - The James L. Maher Center believes that all adults with developmental disabilities should be recognized as valuable, contributing community members and have the opportunity to live, work and play in integrated community settings. The organization offers individual with developmental disabilities the opportunity, to build community, experience personal growth, and obtain significance.
- The Tomorrow Fund - The Tomorrow Fund is an independent non-profit, charitable organization, provides daily financial and emotional support to children with cancer and their families treated at Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Providence, RI. The Tomorrow Fund strives to ensure access to the highest level of comprehensive care while raising public awareness of childhood cancer.
- The Providence Community Health Centers - The Providence Community Health Centers (PCHC) is a non-profit health care organization and the only Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in Providence, Rhode Island. PCHC provides quality primary health care services that are affordable, comprehensive and culturally sensitive to more than 50,000+ residents of Providence and its surrounding areas.
For more information about the Lighthouse Award agent recognition program, contact your underwriter.